An applicant for a Driver’s Licence is required to be present in Grenada for the initial application process. An Application Form is to be completed and signed by the person who is desirous of obtaining a Grenada Driver’s Licence and the requisite documents are to be attached as follows:
Application Process For Initial Driver’s LicenceThe application form (copy attached) is completed, signed and submitted to the Royal Grenada Police Force, Traffic Department, whether in person or by an authorized Agent. The application is examined and if in compliance will be approved. The applicant or his/her Agent will be informed when payment stage is reached; a local phone number is to be supplied. Traffic Department endorses the application and it is forwarded to the Inland Revenue Department (which also houses the RGPF’s Issuing Unit). After the payment of all fees and presentation of the Government of Grenada receipt an electronic photo is taken, and a card is issued.
Renewal Process1. Payment is made at the Treasury Department and a receipt is issued.
2. Government of Grenada receipt evidencing payment of drivers licence fee is presented to the issuing unit of the RGPF at the Ministry of Finance.
3. A Police Officer checks the records for the necessary verification.
4. Clearance is given.
5. New driver’s licence is issued in accordance with the fee paid.
Agent is requested to administer the renewal of licence including the payment of the fees.
1. Current driver’s licence
2. Licence fee is to be paid
3. Government of Grenada receipt evidencing paid licence fee.
4. Receipt for payment is presented to the RGPF Issuing Unit and the renewed licence is issued in accordance with the application process.
5. Administrative cost is applied.
6. Licence is collected
7. Driver’s licence is couriered to holder.
Validity of Licence
Grenada issues licence for either one (1) year or three (3) years (Note fees are to be payable for the respective years and Classes of licence)
B-Class Licence (Eligible to drive cars, RV, SUV and CRV) - EC$100 yearly | EC$270 for 3 years
C-Class Licence (all vehicles including heavy duty trucks) - EC$150 yearly | EC$420 for 3 years
Administration Fee: EC$1350.00
On completion, Licence is collected and sent to the holder.